The Fat Transfer in 60 Seconds
By Dr. Paul Vitenas, Jr.
As we age, areas of the face and body may loose their shape and volume. Without this natural fat padding, the appearance can become bony, tired, and sunken. Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery’s Fat Transfer is a safe, minimally invasive way to restore a healthy shape and contour to aging cheeks, hands, and other areas of the body.
If you are unfamiliar with the Fat Transfer, it may sound like a lot to take in. A plethora of information is available online, but this can be overwhelming; requiring time and a discerning eye to sort through. Well, slow down a minute! To get started, take Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery’s one-minute, beginner’s tour of the Fat Transfer process.
- Fat Transfer moves unwanted fat from one area to another.
- The procedure will plump under the eyes and along the cheekbones.
- A Fat Transfer will transform the back of aging hands.
- Fat Transfer can replace implants, restoring breast, buttock, and calve shape.
- Can be performed with other procedures, such as a Facelift or Tummy Tuck.
- Donated fatty tissue can come from the thigh, buttocks, or abdomen.
- Liposuction is used to gather donor fat.
- A local anesthetic is required during the procedure.
- During the procedure, body and facial contours are sculpted to a healthy shape.
- A Fat Transfer procedure takes between two and four hours.
- The results from a Fat Transfer look natural and organic.
- There is no chance for allergic reaction or tissue rejection, since the fat is taken from your own body.
- The results are permanent, although the body will continue to age normally.
- Bruising and swelling will occur at the donor site; these last 10-14 days.
- Normal activities can be resumed in 24 hours.
So are you ready for more information? If you are interested in the Fat Transfer procedure, and would like to find out more about Houston’s top Fat Transfer practice, contact Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery at 281.484.0088.
We can assist in scheduling a consultation appointment, or if you are coming from out of town, we will be happy to walk you through the online consultation process. Our brand new, state-of-the-art facility is private, luxurious, and just minutes away from anywhere in Houston. Everyone at Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery is looking forward to hearing from you!